Sunday, December 30, 2012

Where's The Inspiration?



I've lost inspiration in life and it is a very tough thing for one to overcome.  Things that once moved me forward, no longer do.  Things that I used to find awe inspiring, just don't do that anymore.  Feeling that I need to write about it, where do I go?  Well, to my little writing space of the internet, of course.  And what is the first thing I see?  The blog I once created called none other than 7 Days of Inspiration.  Reading through it I hear the words of a young man just 4 years prior.  It's hard to imagine that the same person that wrote this has lost inspiration in the worst way.  Thinking back on the time which I wrote that I see how very different a human being I was at the time.  I felt as if nothing could stop me.  I didn't quite know where I was going, but I was going to get there.  I was on top of my game and had big ideas.

And now here I sit.  A little bit older and a little more inflicted with the human condition.  Things have a way of stifling a person and all that they have inside.  I mean, this I am finding to be true for myself.  And as I've learned in just 3 short decades, I am not all that unique.  I doubt that I am alone in getting to a point in life where you find yourself stuck in the middle....like a lost and found.  Only I can't tell if I've lost what I found a few years ago.  What I found out a few years ago was that I could pretty much do anything that I wanted if only I believed in myself a little bit.  I didn't matter how big the task, if I had it in my mind I was capable of doing it.  Nothing could stop me.  Somewhere between then and now I've gotten caught in minor ruts which I'd imagine happens to everyone.  Now, I don't think I've completely lost lessons learned.  Not really sure if that's possible.  It doesn't matter though, here I am right now...

I know that there is only one way to carry on, and that is to move forward.  Just one step.  If you're moving only one step forward, you aim't moving backward, that's for sure.  All it takes is a little bit of guided resolve and that one step forward is really very simple.  My step forward is this blog.  I stopped writing over the last few years and that I can see is one of the major reasons I've lost inspiration.  How can one truly be inspired if they aren't even looking for it?  Yes, I've got many other blogs which I've said time and time again "I'm going to keep up with it this time."  And I did, for short periods.  Ah, rather than see it as a failure I can now look back on them and see that they served their purpose at the time.  After all, I am not the same person I was 2 years ago, or even 6.  Nope, I'm completely different.  Changed in ways that, although it hurt a bit, it can only add to the spirit that is me.  This is where I'm at today.  I've stepped forward.  I would encourage anyone else out there who has lost inspiration in these gray days of life to just take one step.  Doesn't matter what it is as long as it's forward.

Here's to moving forward.

3 comments:

  1. I realize this is older, and I'm late to the party, but being on time is overrated, ya know. I can relate to this. It's a mirror of my blog post:

    http://singlemomlaughing.blogspot.com/2011/10/to-live-creative-life-we-must-lose-our.html

    weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, another blogger on here wrote something similar to this, too, and I gave her the link to my older post. I also added the disclaimer that I have never linked any of my blog posts in people's comments, as I, for one, find that pretty fucking annoying. Anyway. Now I've done it twice in one day. Yay for being annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good, I try not to plug mine either. I tried the link but it didn't work.

      Delete