Monday, April 22, 2013

Springing Thoughts



Spring has sprung as I sit on this balcony taking in as much as I can.  Coffee cup sitting next to me with steam spilling over the rim gives me a boost without ever taking a sip.  It invites me to let to let my ideas flow, and roll, over the edge of my being and onto this page so that you might have an idea what I see.  The creek next to me rushes with the water of recent rains and it's kind of calming.  The grass is green and the trees seem like they're beginning to show some signs of life.  It's that time of year when life is given back to all those that waited patiently.  I wait, somewhat patiently...

I'm beginning to become more comfortable with my surroundings and it's easier to get through each day.  I thought that lonely dread would never go away, and while it still hasn't, it has begun to subside.  Learning to live life all over, in a completely different way has got to be one of the most challenging things I can imagine.  I did it once before going from roaming the streets to marching in cadance with a hundred other souls out of sorts.  It wasn't easy, but I did it.  Reinventing yourself when you've grown used to your old ways is tough, and it takes a bit of humility, which I am learning to embrace.  It's oddly familiar.

We don't always know where life is taking us and I'm finding that it's ok.  Walking into the fear of the unknown is proving to be the way to go.  If I were to sit, and wait for everything to present itself BEFORE I make a decision, I'll become stagnant and stale.  That's easier said than done, now, don't get me wrong.  I have by no means learned the best way in which to take life.  I really have no ideas aside from just taking it as it comes and rolling with it.  I think that's one of the things I'm good at in life, just rolling with it.  I never know the weather until I walk out the door...I don't need to know everything all at once.  Where's the fun in that?

So, what's spring doing for you?

2 comments:

  1. i like that picture you painted. spring has always held a hopeful significance within me. spring also brings flowers, and well, you know how i feel about flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring reminds me that soon it's summer and then it's winter again. It never ends, not before we're gone anyway.


    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete