Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Early Morning Rhymes

I side step my trepidation and confess my messy state, expressing my wrecked expectations of an uncontested fate.  It's similar to a catch 22 when you're wet from exit wounds you have entered yourself into.  The scene is dismal at best, but at least I'm no longer confined like a criminal with minimal routes to redemption.  My hunger exceeds my temptation to starve myself for sinful deeds, feeding off poetic needs, I see.  Murdering words to free my anguish, I vanquish language to rearrange my mental status.  As the music fades the pain rains upon me, it's daunting, the airing out of this dirty laundry.  It's me I see, free.

4 comments:

  1. dark yet beautiful, and freeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My hunger exceeds my temptation to starve myself for sinful deeds"

    POWERFUL line and one that speaks volumes to be honest. There is always some pani involved in freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. Great expression of what your feeling.

    ReplyDelete