Sunday, March 24, 2013

Time

I can feel the tired beginning to settle in on my head.  It's late and I can't sleep, I've got a lot of things on my mind.  Why does it seem like timing is always wrong?  Things and people walk into our lives, but to me it appears as if it's always the wrong time.  I'm not necessarily waiting for something specific, and I do realize that sometimes we have to actively seek what we want, but time is  never on my side.  Maybe it's just me and I'm looking at it all wrong, its been known to happen. (shh, don't tell anyone I said that.)  All in all, I have to be able to laugh at the irony which is my life for fear that if I don't I'd no longer walk that fine line.  The line that separates sanity and being unstable.  I've never actually walked on one side or the other, always the middle waiting for a shoe to drop.  But it never does.  Somehow I manage to stay the path even at times it seems I'm on anything but a path.  I don't stray far, it's always nearby.




Yea, it's Hootie and the Blowfish....I'm a product of the 90's.

3 comments:

  1. Hootie: what a wise man. I believe that timing is everything, you must have faith in that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your path description put this literal image in my mind, of people walking barefoot on a rope tied between two trees. I've seen groups of corporate friends playing this game, all dressed in formal office clothes with their shoes abandoned on the grass amidst all the joyous laughter.



    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the parallelness of life never ceases to amaze me. I saw your title time, and though it's different than what was on my mind, I wrote in my journal on Saturday a very short free write on time while on the highway.

    ReplyDelete